|As mentioned to you in our earlier post, we are glad to confirm that the logistcs for the PICNIC have been finalised. Note the PICKUP Location and TIME. It is important that all of you are present at the PICKUP point well in advance so we can start the journey on time. The scheduled travel period for the BUS to reach the destination is around 45 min – 1 hour (depending on the traffic).Program: PICNIC – Full day event
Date: 25 February 2017 LOCATION: THREE KINGS LIBRARY (PLEASE PARK in the parking lot around the THREE KINGS LIBRARY on 546, MT ALBERT ROAD).
DEPARTURE: 7.30 AM Arrival 8.30 AM
(We have to reach CORNWALLIS BEACH before 9.00 am, so important that we start at 7.30 AM)Venue: CORNWALLIS BEACH
We are CAMPSITE 2 & 3.
http://regionalparks.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/cornwallis/cornwallis-bookable-site-2Light SNACKS/Drinks : 9.00 am-9.30 am
AMAI ACTIVITIES: 9.30am to 12.30 pm
LUNCH BREAK: 12.30 – 1.30 pm
PERSONAL ACTIVITY TIME: 1.30 – 2.45 pm
RE-ASSEMBLE at CAMPSITE 2 : 2.45 pm
DEPARTURE: 3 pm
Arrival at THREE KINGS: 4 PM
Please note the following:
- AMAI will be providing a BUS from THREE KINGS and BACK. We will depart THREE KINGS @ 7.30 am and return from the PARK around 3 PM (Reaching THREE KINGS by 4 pm)
- ASSEMBLY POINT – In front of the THREE KINGS LIBRARY entrance.
- AMAI will provide morning snacks at the venue and some liquid refreshment.
- MEMBERS are to bring their OWN LUNCH and DRINKING WATER.
- MEMBERS are also requested to bring in their own MEDICATIONS, SUNSCREEN, MATS, any other things that they deem necessary for the day. Any allergy medications or health situation should be notified to the EXEC Committee member on arrival at the ASSEMBLY POINT please.
- While it is safe to swim at the beach, it is NOT PART OF THE AMAI activity and anybody entering the water shall be doing so at their own risk and AMAI is not responsible for the safety of those who venture into water! Please bring your own gear for swimming, etc. There are various activities in and around the area. So proper footwear is highly recommended. AMAI will be organising quite a few activities on their own – DETAILS will be provided at the venue
- We have organised for the bus/snacks based on the RSVPs received. Anybody who now wishes to join will be doing so with their own transport.
- Address for Cornwallis Beach : Take the north-western motorway to the Great North Road exit. Follow Great North Road onto Ash Street which leads onto Rata Street. Take Titirangi Road right through Titirangi Village to the roundabout; take Huia Road and Cornwallis is signposted off it to the left.
- All our regional parks are rubbish free. Whether you call it rubbish, trash or garbage, please bag it all up and recycle it or throw it away when you return home.
PLEASE KEEP THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEEs contact numbers in this mail handly and in case of emergency or any change of plans call any one of us with the update!
THIS PICNIC is FREE for MEMBERS only. Any additional member will be charged @$15.00 per person.
We are looking forward to an exciting day on the 25th and hope to have a wonderful weather! The forecast is looking great!